Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Falcon 250B back in full length

Though the half Falcon did work, I put up the full length today. Yesterday I worked with the half version of the Falcon RA1QQ/1 with 5 watt (599) and 2143 km. But it will be better to use the full length. Sorry neighbours, just close your eyes. (they are with vacation) A good moment to put up the 7,13 meter. The weather was changing, more wind to come and it will rain later today, so I was up early to do the job. Last night I was listening with JT65A and received the following DX stations: ZS1LS, WD4LBR, R7AU, K1KS, ZS2ACP, HG9SM, ZS6ANZ AND CX4CR. (With a half Falcon) This morning I worked SP9GFI/P with CW and I heard SMØPJM on 14.060 KHz calling CQ.

The solar eruption of August 7th might affect Earth after all. Newly-arriving data from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) show a CME heading our way with a significant Earth-directed component. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras when the cloud arrives on August 10th.

With PSK31 I worked IK2FTB/6 Alfredo from Corinaldo, Italy on 10 meter. On 14.060 KHz I worked HB9DAX Fred, a 2 way QRP QSO.

5 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul,

    Man(fred) dus ook gewerkt. Seinde hij bij jou ook zo snel? Werkt hij altijd qrp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Tjeerd, ja hij seint altijd snel, ongeveer 26 WPM, kan ik net nemen. ;-) En altijd QRP, ik heb hem vaker gewerkt. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja, ik kon het ook wel nemen maar moest mijn hoofd erbij houden. Een jaar of 4 a 5 heb ik hem voor het eerst gewerkt.
    Via de mail kreeg ik gisteren een foto vanaf een bergtop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be watching your results with the antenna at full length. If the neighbors complain, show them a picture of a tower you are considering.
    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dick,

    A good idea, I will keep it in mind. Hi.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts