Monday, August 9, 2010

Surprising

Last night I made a QSO with UR5ZJV on 20 meter SSB with 5 watt, and my shortened HF vertical connected to my FT817. I got a 59 report. After me he made a QSO with a PD station and he got a 55 report. So he must be honest with giving reports. Other stations I worked: CT/F6HZF/P on 40 meter (BPSK31); PA7TWO on 20 meter with RTTY 10 watt; and OK1FHD on 40 meter CW. As you see I was giving different modes a try. At daytime I couldn't make any contact so I was afraid my antenna was not good.

At 6.19 UTC I worked GØWTQ Bill from Plymouth, UK with CW on 40 meter.

6 comments:

  1. Say Paul, that's very, very good into "UR" land with 5 watts SSB!

    Your antenna must be the replacment for the longer one you removed??

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dick,

    yes, it's only 3.5 meter long now. I thought it might be less radiating, but I tested the antenna and it radiates perfectly on 20 meter and higher.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, your 3.5 meter long vertical. Is that home made or did you buy it in Europe? Do you have radials and how is it mounted?

    I'd be interested for future use myself.

    Thanks
    Dick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dick,

    it's the Falcon 250B I just use the top end and the base end of the antenna. I don't use the two middle section parts. I am testing this out with my FT817, see what is possible.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems to be working very well, indeed!

    73

    André

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Paul. I would be using it on 17 and 20 meters QRP. When you post your QSOs made, try to include your output power, band, and RST given by the other station.

    I might be interested in one when I get over there.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts