Thursday, August 12, 2010

Meteor scatter

Unfortunately, there was overcast so nothing to observe outside. No Perseids for me, so I turned on 6 meter (50.230 MHz) running WSJT with JT6M. I monitored the following stations: OK1MP, EA2ARD, G3XGS, GM6VXB/P, OE9ICI, G2GHN and OZ5AGQ. (See log) This morning I worked RX3MD Nick from Yaroslavl Russia. Conditions at the moment are a little bit disappointing though we have a number of 66 Sunspots. Maybe later today.

A screen shot of JT6M. With PSK31 on 20 meter I worked RV3FV Igor from Noginks, Russia with JT65A 5 watt on the vertical. I heard UX1BZ calling on 6 meter with CW. And yes, he heard me with 5 watt (FT817 and the vertical) that is 1905 km.

9 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Mooi screenshot. Ik ga vannacht ook proberen wat te ontvangen.
    Het "see log" is vanaf mijn werk niet te openen.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Tjeerd,

    vanavond maar proberen, ik krijg het van hier uit wel geopend.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight, Thursday, is supposed to be the peak observing period. Hope the sky is clear.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dick,

    I am afraid that tonight it will be still cloudy... I keep my fingers crossed.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. That with the now full length Falcon-Out?
    Nice work on 6m!

    73 André

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Andre,

    Yes, with full length of the Falcon. It seems to work better with the FT817. Maybe it's a coincidence but every time I connect the Falcon to the FT817 it works fine.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was working nights last night and hoped I might see something but it was overcast and then it rained. Off to North Scotland to do some Summits on the Air soon so hopefully with less light pollution if we get some clear nights I can spend some time laid on my back watching the show in the night sky. Thanks for reminding me that I need to pack my scope to take with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve, good luck tonight. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Steve, GW7AAV. Fancy that, I am going to be near Inverness from this weekend for a couple weeks. I am also taking up my FT-817, but I am not sure how much time I will have to operate.

    73 André

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts