Friday, August 6, 2010

I like the dits and dah's

The solar flux today is very promising. A SF of 85! And a sunspot number of 54. My first contact today was F/G4BJM Fraser located near Niort, France on 40 meter. I was using 10 watts CW. On 20 meter I worked with CW LZ05WFF a special station and SM1IRS a IOTA station from Gotland Island, Sweden. On 14.060 I worked HB9DAX Fred from Landquart, Switzerland. He was working 5 watt, and so did I. A real QRP-er. Watch his QRZ.com page. As you maybe noticed, I am back with CW. I am a bit fed up with PSK for the time being. And I have the impression that with JT65A om’s are eager to work only DX (outside Europe ) maybe I am wrong. So back to the nice dits and dah’s.

7 comments:

  1. Well done Paul and welcome back to non-computer amateur radio. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. ja, na een poosje komkommertijd, vandaag op 20 met Liverpool (G0KDJ)en een Sloveen S51CL/QRP gewerkt. Gaat dus weer de goeie kant op.
    (Mooie foto van die Junker seinsleutel trouwens, heel veel mee gewerkt in mijn telegrafistentijd bij de marine)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree. I too find PSK can get rather monotonous. My problem is I am not very good with CW. At the moment I am struggling to get practice in, as my work is keeping me very busy. Maybe when I am on three weeks holiday soon, I can practice. My 12 year old daughter finds Morse code easy! I suppose it helps that she is a musician.

    73

    André

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dick,

    sometimes I dream about CW. ;-) yes, it's real radio.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Wally,

    het zijn prachtige sleutels, ik heb ook een Junker gehad. Waarschijnlijk heb ik die helaas verkocht. Spijt...

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Andre,

    Indeed, you must have a rhythm feeling. That's is absolutely true. I learned CW when I was young. And when learned you'll never forget. I took a year of daily practise, about 1/2 hour a day on 2 meter with 4 other hams. Hold on, and you will learn.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paul,

    I too am still working on my CW, I am not brave enough to go on air yet. I learned it young but didn't use it for so long.
    I am determined to get back on HF with CW someday though.

    73 Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts