Monday, July 26, 2010

Full moon

Finally I succeeded to photograph the moon properly. A nice full moon just above the horizon. Today I was in Friesland to bring my daughter to a pony camp for horse back riding over there. She has still 6 weeks vacation before she goes back to school again. This evening I worked HB9ERU Bruno from Zuerich, Switzerland with BPSK31 on 40 meter with 5 watt QRP. He noticed that my signal was very strong. Tonight I watch a video with my son: Cloudy With Chance Of Meat Balls. Sounds like fun.

9 comments:

  1. Mooie foto Paul. Waarschijnlijk een statief gebruikt en een wat langere sluitertijd? 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallo Bas, ja ik heb een statief gebruikt, en het was even zoeken naar de juiste sluitertijd. Mijn camera is een Panasonic FZ38.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same moon I saw here at 3AM. Not a cloud. Star-gazers HATE a bright full moon. Cuts sky visibality way down. Also without shadows, the moon's craters not very distinguishable.

    I also note that I need a real shave...all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dick, in the black forest the nights were very dark, a lot of stars. We were watching in the middle of the night outside the house. In the Netherlands it is not possible to watch the sky that way. Too much disturbing light. Good luck with shaving... ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cloudy With Chance Of Meat Balls" is a lot of fun I am sure you are going to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andre: yes I did enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that looks like the same moon I photographed ;0) At least you did not Photoshop a UFO and stars into it like I did with mine.

    73 Steve GW7AAV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is my moon...
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/GW7AAV/MessingAbout#5498979597035224066

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Steve: I like your UFO... ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts