Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New template

Regular visitors have spotted my tests with new templates. Finally I had a photo of Doutzen Kroes, best export product of the Dutch, as a background picture on my blog. But, it is of course not radio related and maybe too sexy for my blog. Now I do have a space picture as a background. I like the new features of Blogger, to personalize your blog. It is not too difficult to place another picture from your own collection for instance. You have to upload the photo first, select the code, and then cut and paste into the template.

Yesterday I made one qso with DL2IAD, on 40 meter, he was calling CQ with a electronic keyer. Or maybe as a macro in his set. When I called him he came back with a straight key. His hand was not all too straight so it was difficult to copy all of the transmitted text. Never mind, every one has it's own way of keying. But it is sometimes hard to copy. Maybe I am too old for learning CW for 100%. After many years of qrt I lost my tempo of reading fast CW. It is not like 30 years ago. I wonder if I should go on with struggling CW. I like PSK31 and a lot of other digimodes. I picked up CW for two years now, but I am still not back at the old level. Maybe I have to persist...

14 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Op deze manier is de achtergrond voor de lezer rustiger geworden. Iets waar ik altijd rekening mee houd.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nou persoonlijke wil ik op deze manier best wel een beetje "onrustig" worden hoor.....
    Zolang Doutze geen oranje Bavaria jurkje draagt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Tjeerd, ik dus ook. Maar ja, wat Wally schrijft heeft ook wel wat. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Wally, ik zag vanmorgen een mooie foto van een paar blondines in oranje Bavaria jurkjes... niks mis mee. ;-) Doutzen is zonder jurkje zeker de moeite waard. 73 paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul:
    Bring on more Dutch exports !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Paul,

    I very much like the new-look to your blog. Excellent. 73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peter, I will check it out for you. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Adam, thank you. Blogger does have a lot of new templates. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the picture of Doutzen Kroes. Perhaps it has an instructive purpose. When people talk about the latest gadget as being "sexy" we can look at that picture and be reminded that they are talking nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoi Paul, vond de DK picture wel mooi, alleen de XYL vroeg wat voor blog ik nou weer aan het lezen was. Af en toe een andere template maakt het blog wel lekker fris. En met een mooie vrouw op de achtergrond word het dan weer lekker warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julian: LOL. I can't think about another reason. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo Bas: de XYL hier had ook de wenkbrauwen opgetrokken als ik DK langer had laten staan. Maar af en toe iets andere template vind ik wel leuk. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Blog template looks great.

    Your videos are looking even better!!

    Jim
    W2KLM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jim, thanks! 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts