Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mixed-Mode-Dipole

Robert Victor VA2ERY shows the Mixed-Mode-Dipole from the Miracle Antenna makers. It could be a concurrent for PAR End Fedz. This antenna is good for 30-20 and 17 meter, and with a tuner up to 10. The wire is only 10 meter long. More info >>>

This morning I worked on 40 meter SSB with F/ON4LO/P and TM7DR. On 17 meter I worked RK6CI Vasiliy from Kropotkin, Russia also with SSB. My DX for today: 2701 km. On 50 meter I picked up the signal of PA5JS on 50.230 the MS frequency with JT6M. So far no Es yet, but you'll never know what happens in a few hours.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    Very interesting, like the end-fed idea and no RF in the shack issues..

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, I like the concept too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paul and thanks for posting the video. Merits further investigation. My only concern is the strength of the "feed" line. How long it would hold up in rough weather. It isn't RG-8X and I don't think it is replaceable.. As they are a Canadian company, I would hope cold and snowy weather conditions were considered. Still, I will be looking at this new antenna as I am considering a PAR for 20 meters to take to my portable QTH later this year.

    73 Dick N2UGB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dick, I hope you are feeling well. The MMD looks very interesting. More info here: http://www.miracleantenna.com/mmd.htm
    You can email Robert Victor VA2ERY for more info. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    The antenna works differently to the Par End Fedz. The MMD is basically a choke followed by a quarter wave of coax. Then the inner of the coax is connected to the inner and the outer of a further quarter wave. At the break the outer of the coax on the first section remains unconnected at the break.

    Like this: http://www.io.com/~n5fc/rfd.htm

    The End Fedz is a straight half wave element and a matched resonant tuning unit.

    Like this: http://www.aa5tb.com/efha.html

    I have built my own 100W versions of the End Fedz and they work very well indeed.

    I think that they work better than the MMD, but try one and see.

    Steve G0KYA

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts