Monday, April 12, 2010

Low low low

A coronal mass ejection hit Earth's magnetic field at approximately 12:30 UT on April 11th. No sunspots and a noise level of S9. So HF conditions are very poor. I'm going to prune trees in my garden, the forecast is good for today. Last night I spoke a old colleague who is radio amateur PDØBEL Bob from IJmuiden. He was with qrv with echolink on PI3ZDM on 2 meter. After so many years i recognized his voice. Now I am more on 2 meter I will meet more old radio amateurs from many years ago.

Now conditions are so low I enjoy the qso's on 2 meter. I had a qso with PA7GB, PD2HPE, PE1REA, PA1FP/M, PA3DEU and PD2TJK.

5 comments:

  1. Goede morgen Paul,

    PS0BEL? Volgens mij wordt PS niet voor Nederland uitgegeven.


    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Paul, het is dat je schreef dat deze amateur uit Ijmuiden komt. Maar PS is een Braziliaanse prefix. Call verkeerd...het moet waarschijnlijk PD0BEL zijn. Zou er vanavond Aurora te zien zijn. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Tjeerd en Bas, dat moet PDØBEL zijn. Als het helder weer is kunnen we misschien aurora zien. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul,

    A few of us have been much busier on 2m also, been good really as you dont get many good qso's on HF as there is a lot of 5/9 73's on there.

    Adam, M6RDP will be on 7185 LSB at 11.00 BST if you are around Paul, also I went to the dentist yesterday, only a filling though, not like your tooth troubles.

    73 for now,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul, my tooth troubles are over. Though I do have another appointment for May 20. There is a small crack in my tooth that must be repaired. Yes, 2 meter is fun, I spoke a lot of local amateurs the last few days. I will listen at 7185 KHz see if I can copy you. Propagations are not too good, this morning. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts