Thursday, April 15, 2010

Diamond X-30 antenna

I ordered today a Diamond X-30 antenna for 2 meter and 70 cm. On eHam the reviews are good. A 5 out of 5. Specications: Description: 2m/70cm Dual Band Vertical, Gain 3.0db(2m)/5.5db(70cm), Max Power 150 watts, Wind 135 (mph), 1/2 wave element(2m),5/8 wave two element(70cm), v.swr is less than 1.5:1
I like the local chats on 2 meter, especially those on PI3ZDM, repeater located in Zaandam.


There is a live audio stream of the repeater, so you can listen if you like to this repeater.
[Click here]

This morning I had a QSO on 2 meter with PE1BRV/M Joop from Koog aan de Zaan and with PA1KC Joop the site owner of PI3ZDM.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Paul,

    Looks a great antenna. I too like the local chats on 2 meters with my friends from the radio club. It is a band that is seeing more activity here this year, so that is a good sign.

    Bye for now, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adam, I am looking forward to put up this antenna. And to bring back activity on 2 meter is call CQ or give a shout on repeaters, there are enough listeners stand by. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two-meter simplex is also a good way to practice cw with other hams also improving their skills. The band plan indicates where cw is authorized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dick, indeed I learned CW on 2 meter, it's nice to talk with locals here in my own language. And check for tropo propagations, and suddenly it's possible to work for 100 miles. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had a Diamond V2000 (tri-band) for about 15 years and it is working now as well as when it was new.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts