Monday, April 26, 2010

Busy weekend

It was a busy weekend. My mother-in-law was having her birthday, My son and his soccer team became champion for the season 2009-2010, friends from France came over, I had to fix the dipole because I had replaced the 80 meter coils. I also placed a new coaxial switch for VHF and UHF and now the SWR on 430 MHz is very good. I had a old Hansen SWR meter which was not good for UHF. On video the Quansheng hand held which works very good and I am very happy with it. I was for a short period QRV on 10 meter with WSPR, but there was nothing. First I watched this site if there is any propagation on 10 meter. When there is Sporadic-E Prop., WSPR doesn't give me the results I expected. Why is that?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    Doesnt WSPR get sent every few minutes..(I'm not familiar with this mode)so perhaps not so suitable to sporadic 'e' propogation as by it's very nature it can there one minute and gone the next.

    73
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, I think your right, WSPR is not the ultimate mode for sporadic-E communication. Maybe when normal F2 layer is good on 10 meter, then WSPR will doing fine. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Paul, ik denk dat je een hoop geluk moet hebben voor WSPR op 10m. Ik heb een aantal dagen gemonitored en het resultaat viel me niet tegen.
    73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Bas, ja ik zag dat je wel een paar leuke calls had op 10. Ik zat net op het verkeerde moment op 10 met wspr. Andere keer meer geluk. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Paul,

    The Quanshang radio looks cool - a nice little radio package with 70cms as well. I wish you well with it and hope you have lots of fun this summer. 73 Adam (M6RDP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Adam, I will use it when I go with holidays in Germany. Make a little chat via repeaters there. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts