Thursday, January 7, 2010

New look

If I can't work on HF, because of poor, poor conditions, I will do something else. For instance: changing the look of my blog. So I was playing around with the template. The header is typical Dutch: windmills and sheep's. You can find such windmills in Noord-Holland, the province where I live. What do you think of it? With transferring the widgets, I lost the links of my fellow qrp friends. I will put them back.

Update: the old header of the wonderful FT817 is back. I think this will fit better with the template.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Paul,

    I love the Dutch-look of the header - it's really nice. Not too sure about the white on both the left and the white - bit too much white for my liking.

    I too have had 9 days of not a single contact. I am hearing stations perfectly clearly but I can not make my signal heard at all.

    I think the exceptionally quiet GMF today made more of a difference than the few sunspots we have had but have disappeared again.

    Let me know if you would like to try a contact on SSB 40M. Perhaps it will be easier to suggest a fate say 2 or 3 days in advance so we have time to read the prepare!

    Anyway, bye for now and keep warm.

    PS The bunny is now back in the city. Funny but I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Julian, thank you. You are now also on my blogroll.

    @Adam: I am not sure myself. Maybe I change it again. Maybe we can try week days 10 o'clock UTC on 7.185 +/- 5 KHz when qrm. Just trying for 5 minutes. One day we will succeed. We can start a QRP net on 40 meter. That would be nice. I also listen for Dick on 14.060 KHz, you'll never know. My daughter has a white bunny, because it is freezing, the rabbit is in the living now. We bought a special cage. She is very lovely. Tonight the temperature drop to minus 11 degrees. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heiloo Blogger!

    Nice update to the site!

    73 de Jeff, KE9V

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts