Thursday, January 28, 2010

Daily sked

This morning I had my daily sked with Adam, M6RDP. Today signals were quite good. I was just running 10 watts. Also worked MM3XXW Martyn from Edinburgh, Scotland. Both 10 watts. It is possible. I have been in Edinburgh in the early nineties. It is a wonderful place to be. Yesterday, I got the new series of connectors, so I have connected the Automatic MFJ925 tuner to my FT450. Now I can work on the whole 80 meter band. Only the CW part I can't get the SWR better than 2:1 that is 10% power loss. But from 3570 KHz up to 3800 KHz it is below 1,5:1 so I won't complain. I placed also a coaxial switch, now I can switch between the dipole and the (future) HF vertical. With the coming PACC contest I can work on 40 and 80 meter. I will join for a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best SKEDS as far as signal strength was concerned. I understood the words "925" on the radio, but that was all. Now I know you were referring to the MFJ Tuner! I bet the low angle of the vertical will hurtle your signal out of Europe! Good luck. I have a SKED on 20M CW now, so will blog about that probably tomorrow morning now. Just tweaking up FLDIGI! Bye for now, Adam

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts