Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back again

It has been 12 days ago I made a QSO. It was a kind kind of cold turkey. Now I am happy to back on air again. We had holidays and had a lovely time with friends in the east of the Netherlands near the German border. Today I put the rig on and worked EA7HEG Sebastian from Huelva, Spain with CW on 20 meter. Also worked YO3JR Andy from Bucharest, Romania with CW on 20 meter. Both with 5 watt QRP. I wish all my radio friends a good 2010, hopefully we can worked each other this year, that would be nice. Today we had snow again so winter is still linger on here. No good weather to put up the vertical. I compared my indoor magnetic loop + FT450 and the Miracle Whip with the 10 meter outside wire and FT817, but the wire outperformed the loop with 12 db. I was listening to GS2MP on 40 meter. But with the Magn Loop I could hardly hear the opposite stations. With the wire I could hear the opposite stations very good. That's all for today, 73 Paul

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you had a good holiday. Very cold in England too with -7C expected this weekend.

    Glad your wire and MW are performing so well - and glad you are back on the air again.

    Happy New Year to you & your family, from Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adam, thank you. Well, today we get more snow. It is really winter. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts