Saturday, November 14, 2009

RTTY

There was a RTTY contest going on, and I thought, perhaps I can make a RTTY contact with Fldigi. And so I did. For the first time I worked RTTY on 20 and 40 meter. I worked the following stations: ER4DX (Photo) Visiliy from Kishinev, Moldavia; US├śMM Igor from Lugansk, Ukraine; and HG8C Csaky Tamas from Szeged from Hungary. I heard JA6ZPR from Japan with 599 with RTTY. With PSK31 on 30 meter I worked EA5EYW Joaquin from Alicante, Spain and on 20 meter UA1TAN Valery from Novgorod, Russia. I must go QRT because my daughter is not yet recovered from her horse accident, so she have to go to the orthopedic surgeon for advice. I must clean the horse stables today at the farm. Have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Leuke QSO's op RTTY. Vindt het zelf een leuke mode. Vandaag en morgen is het WAE RTTY contest aan de gang. Heb ook al een aantal stations gewerkt op RTTY om te testen hoe dat ging op 80 en 40m. Hoop dat je dochter er weer snel bovenop komt. Succes met de paardenstallen ;-)
    73 Bas PE4BAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening Paul, I tried RTTY. It is much faster than PSK isn't it! You had some great contacts. There is a Japan contest on at the moment and I can't hear anyone else.

    Hope your daughter get's on OK at the hospital. Does she want to ride still, or did this accident put her off?

    73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Adam and Bas, I really do like RTTY, this afternoon I took part of the WAE contest, made nice contacts e.g. Morocco and Asiatic Russia (5000km) Almost every station I call came back for me. My daughter must immobilize for weeks. Maybe a operation is necessary. She is not afraid to ride again, but at the moment it is not possible. 73, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morocco and Asiatic Russia - well done. Perhaps RTTY radiates better than PSK??

    BTW I love your new blog header - I have only just noticed it. Very Dutch.

    Sorry to hear your daughter may need an operation. I think it would have put me off!

    73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Adam, it look like that RTTY is a nice mode. Even on 80 meter I had a qso with a German station. The photo is taken in the neighborhood. I like the photo very much. Indeed very Dutch. What about Anna, we'll have to wait till Tuesday, then we know more. 73, Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts