Monday, November 30, 2009

Andorra

When I started again with Ham Radio in August 2008 I wiped out the early period, working the whole earth with QRO, I wanted to start all over again. With QRP I worked in the first half year a lot of DXCC countries. Now its takes its time to make more DXCC. For months I couldn't work more than 68 DXCC. But today I was lucky. I tuned up on 30 meters and heard one station with CW what happens to be C31CT (see photo). I am looking for months to work Andorra. And yes, today Andorra is my 69 DXCC country. It was a short QSO, exchanging reports only, but never mind, I did it. I wonder if I can make it to 70 before the end of the year. On my wish list: Cyprus and Gibraltar, which could be possible for me. Yesterday I heard Cyprus but he didn't hear me.

4 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, door de ervaring die je vroeger opgedaan hebt met QRO heb je nu wel operating practice. Dat scheelt een hoop. Mooie DXCC, Andorra hoor je ook niet elke dag. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Paul, Very well done on Andorra. It's often just a case of luck: being in the right place at the right time. I too would love to work Andorra, Gibralter, Malta, Ceuta and strangley enough also Portugal.

    BTW, I think I have got a bit muddled up with WSPR and JT65A. I thought they were the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Bas, ik luister veel, misschien heb ik nog meer ervaring opgedaan als SWL. Andorra, daar heb ik 1,5 jaar op gewacht. 73 Paul

    Hello Adam, yes, WSPR and JT65 are different things. And what you said is true, there are not too many stations in that mode on HF, so if you want a QSO you'll have to make a sked with someone. 73, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul and congrats on the Andorra contact. I think I may have worked Andorra on 30M cw late last summer from my USA QTH. Don't have my logs so can't say for sure. I hope he sends me a bureau QSL as I am sure I would have sent one direct.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts