Sunday, August 30, 2009

QRM on 30 meter

Here on the waterfall display you see the QRM on 30 meter at daytime. The QRM levels are up to S7-S8. It's not possible to make a QSO at daytime. Only with WSPR with a small bandwidth of 6 Hz is it possible. And by the way, soon there will come a WSPR QSO mode, so it will be possible to make a small basic QSO with WSPR. That would be really nice. [Read the WSPR introduction] But back to the 30 meter QRM, does anyone know where the QRM comes from? If you know let me know.

For a 1 hour I took part of the YO contest, always nice to know what I can work. I think when there is a contest going on ham operators listen better. ;-)
On 20 meter SSB: YR1C - UT3N - RA3CM
On 20 meter CW: UT3RN - YR9F - OH5Z - RZ3AZ - UP4L (Kazakhstan 3841 km)

5 comments:

  1. Paul, I don't know the source of the QRM. It is S7/8 here also during daylight hours. Sometimes extending into the night. Not just a small segment of 30M but the entire band available to us. As we share it with other services, I hope one of those services isn't using it for "experimantal" purposes. 73 de Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. A WSPR QSO mode would be fantastic and something I would be very interested in. I will keep my eyes open! Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horizontal TV amplifier in 4:3 and Plasma TV 16:9.

    Every 50HZ (Australia) every 60HZ (USA), some Plasma TV - every 15HZ.
    Lines lines lines somedays on 40M other on 30M
    Makes WSPR so much fun, Then I have Australia Over the horizon radar from Jindalee N.S.W line every 10HZ S9 +++

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myles. Hard to buy a plasma TV now having such a bad rep. As I live in an old home, now five apartments, the QRN source could come from any of them.

    Say hello to Brisbane, Darwin, Townsville. Spent a month down-under. Great beer. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Myles, thanks for the comments, but why is the interference only at daytime and not at night when most people turn on their TV? 73, Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts