Thursday, August 20, 2009

Magnetic Loop ML-40

Conditions will still be poor this year. We have to wait until next summer 2010 at least. We can see it as a challenge to see what is possible with very low sunspots. Today 40, 30 and 20 meter were quiet. A few stations in the noise. So I decided to put up the Magnetic Loop ML-40 indoors. I have nothing to loose. I have an absolutely perfect SWR on 40 - 30 and 20 meter. Because there is nothing to work I started WSPR on 30 meter with the Mag. Loop. On the map you the results. [view log] Not bad. I hope that tonight 40 meter will open up again so I can test the Mag. Loop also with SSB and CW. Here it is 34C, and it is bloody hot. I view the rain radar, to see what will happen this afternoon. The KNMI gives a severe weather warning for today. VERY HEAVY FLURRIES: MAJOR DAMAGE POSSIBLE.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you do not experience any weather damage. Parts of the USA had some tornados drop down the other day. A cooling trend expected here. GL de Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick, we had no problems here with the weather. The temperature dropped 10C down and that's fine. 73, Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts