Sunday, May 31, 2009

6 meter sporadic E

HF bands were terrible. So I went to 6 meter to try my luck. After I had the right counterpoise connected, my SWR was very good on 6 meter. The first one I worked was IØFHZ Ennio from Orvieto, Italy with SSB on 50.212 MHz. The following stations I worked with SSB were: IZ6FXP, Alberto from Lucoli, Italy; and IZ7JVR, Michelle from Apricena, Italy (see photo) and with CW I worked: IC8CQ from Capri Island, Italy on 50.090 MHz and it was the longest distance: 1524 km. I was very pleased because I never worked on 6 meter before. Last year I tried in August with the rubber duck, but that was not successful. Other stations I hear but not worked on 6m: IZ5ICH; IW7EAP; AND IK7IMO. Sporadic E to Italy was very good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul. Seems you have a direct line between Holland and Italy on all bands. Good work. I never tried 6M.
    73 de Dick N2UGB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick, my first hop is about 1500 km, I think. So I get a lot of Italian or Russian stations here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts