Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Around 23.00 UTC I heard a few American stations on 40 meter, loud and clear with SSB. They calling VK and ZL via the long path. W2VP, John from Commack, NY; and W3JK, Ken from Croton Falls, NY.

The yesterdays sunspot is gone. We have to do without it.

This morning only a few German stations on 40 meter e.g. DL4NI, Heinz from Neuendettelsau, Germany. No DX heard. In the afternoon I heard: EI4IB in qso with M3TUC on 40 m ssb. There was a strong qsb on both signals. On 20 m I heard: LA6KOA with 600 watt ssb with 55 report. YO4QZ 5-9 calling CQ DX. With CW on 20 m I heard: YT3AA, SV7BOD, UT1AO and UT4HM. On 40 meter CW: G3HAL 579; and G4DDS 569 in qso with DL4VH 579.

Tonight I worked a new DXCC country: Albania. It was on my wishing list. ZA1E, Dik from Tirana was 579 here with CW. I kept the QSO short because I was afraid the QSB would disturb my QSO with Dik. But he is down in the log. Yes! Also worked E72U, Vedo from Brcko, Bosnia-Herzegovina with CW on 40 meter. Vedo couldn't pick my signal from the QRM. But he got my callsign right. It was a short QSO too. The last station for today was OM4KW, Roman from Puchov, Slovak Republic with CW on 40 meter (5nn).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts