Thursday, January 1, 2009

First contact 80 meter

Today is a very special day for me because I made my first 80 meter QSO since I've been licensed in 1976. I never had a antenna suitable for 80 meters. Now I put up a wire a little bit higher than before, and yes, I made my first contact. I heard DH3JZ Gero from Lathen calling CQ on 80, and I tried to call him. And yes, he heard me. My antenna at the moment is still not really good for 80, too short, 10 meter long, though he could read me. Also OZ8CTH Peter from Aarhus could hear me. I was astonished. The new year starts good for me. On 40 meter I worked YU2MMA Milos from Banja, Serbia for the second time with a very nice signal. That's enough for today. Tomorrow will be busy on the amateur bands cos almost everybody is having holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts